I was a bit hesitant at first because I had never redone such a large piece of furniture before… and the dang thing is HEAVY! After talking through it was my mom and my sister (the A Team!) we figured out how it would best be accomplished and I told D that he needed to come pick it up.
It sat in our garage for about a week before I even touched it. I felt a bit overwhelmed at the whole process. I now feel incredibly silly about it because it was so easy to do.
First, I ripped all of the drawers out of one side. I sent D a text while he was at work that read “where is the hammer?” and he sent me on back that said “why, what are you doing” … I kind of felt like the man didn’t trust me. Ha. I can’t say that I blame him. Anyway, I ripped all the drawers out of the left side because I am right handed and I would have more space to write that way.
That was quite literally all that I had to do to the dressers structure to make it a desk.
Then I just sanded it down and painted it. I went with a beautiful sea foam teal color with pink hardware because I have always wanted a beautiful feminine desk. It is perfection.
This particular dresser had a vanity with it, that I can never even remember a mirror being in it. I liked the structure of it and decided that I would keep it and turn it in to a bulletin board…also a super easy task.
After I recovered from my ghastly discovery I got back to work. I took the fabric I had purchased and wrapped it tightly around the CARDBOARD and used a spray adhesive to hold it in place. I let that dry over night and then I just nailed it straight to the back of the vanity frame.
I am very pleased with the outcome of this project and I cannot wait to do more.